QuickSilver

Quicksilver has become such a part of my working day that when I sit down at any other machine I'm disappointed that Command-Space and a few characters isn't opening the application I want, or that Command-Space-"=" isn't waiting for my formula for a calculation. I even start a number of AppleScript applets with it to automate other things.

Definitely the most versatile and constantly used application in my Applications Folder.

I will add my vote to the pile. QuickSilver defines the Mac experience for me. If it were not for this little app I probably would have relegated my Mac to a secondary system and gone back to Linux.

It is a wonderful app in that it starts out simple and the more you use it the more features come into your view. This is especially true for keyboard-centric users like myself.

Some prefer launchbar or butler, but QS is the way to go for me. It is not as intrusive and, at least for me, far more useful.

Absolutely QuickSilver. Launchbar used to be a favorite of mine until I discovered QuickSilver -- it does so much more, so much more elegantly and with such a beautiful architecture that leaves it open to tons of great add-ons and improvements.

[size=+1][size=-1]If you navigate with Quicksilver inside a folder using Command-A, you'll pick all the items inside that folder. Then just hit the Return key, and all the selected files will be open in their respective applications.

An evolving framework for accessing and
manipulating many forms of personal data. [/size][/size]

[size=+1][size=-1]Requires Mac OS X 10.3 Panther
Final may require 10.4 Tiger [/size] [/size]

Add a vote for me too. I don't understand how i used my Mac without this program. I guess quite inefficiently...

Back