Quicktime 6 Pro keys

shelob

Registered
I upgraded to Quicktime Pro 6.

I entered the KEYS and the product upgrades ok. I have tested the new functionality, yup it works.

I login to my project account to see if the functionality is available, NO ITS NOT. I put in the KEYS again, no luck all I get is a Quicktime 6 player, NOT ABLE TO SAVE!!

I put the KEYS in VIA the System Preferences pane.

Is this Apple attempting the screw £25 per account on ONE machine?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rather than delete this thread, I found that rebooting the machine fixed this issue, I still had to enter the KEYS again in the other account. Its a bit of a MicroSoft fix but it seemd to work.

Are you sure that your project is saveable? I had some trouble to export MPEG-1 with muxed sound, which QT6 Pro simply isn't capable of.

I haven't tested all things as yet, I was mainly checking that there were buttons to actually export anything.

What I did bump into when I tried Quicktime Pro 6 Beta on MacOSX 10.1.5 is that it would not work, iMovie projects kept quiting and would no longer load. Only to find that there were problems qith the beta or test versions.

Upgrading to 10.2, they obviously fixed bugs in either iMovie (got an updated version) and/or MacOSX so that it would work with Quicktime 6.

Since you've brought it up, I may as well take a more detailed look at what you've found, and keep this thread going just in case.

I was able to export MPEG-4 from iMovie even before upgrading to Quicktime 6, to DVD and VHS so that piece worked.

Thanks for the feedback.

Back