Quicktime Broadcaster live streaming video problems

jbaugh

Registered
I have been using QTB to broadcast and simultaneously record live events, each lasting about one hour.

I am using QTB installed on a Mac mini. An Elgato Turbo.264 HD device is used for encoding.

Video feed is from my Panasonic AGDVC30 camera. Audio is input from the microphone feed.

Most of the time this works without problem. But intermittently, for no apparent reason I find that the video feed "freezes" and that last frozen video frame is both recorded and broadcast in place of live video. The audio continues to be broadcast and recorded just fine. So as a final movie product I often have a few seconds or minutes of audio and video followed by an hour's worth of audio superimposed on a static image.

I need help determining what is likely to be the cause of the loss of live video. Do I have my video broadcast parameters set too high? Am I overwhelming the processors in my Mac mini? Or is this a problem with the video camera itself? I don't even know where to start to troubleshoot this problem. It is difficult to track down because of the intermittent nature of the problem.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
John

Back