QuickTime / iTunes update=error

Hi,

I just updated QuickTime + iTunes on an iMacG5, restarted, and run Disk Utility when the problem started... I can't repair permissions.

I get the message, somewhere halh way:
"DiskUtility has lost it connection with the Disk Mnagement Tool, and cannot continue. Please quit and relaunch DiskUtility", what I did as it said 2 times without any luck, restarted, again, etc and no way José.

Then "Cocktail" run, restarted, DiskUtility again with same problem... I don't get the full disk repaired...

Could it be related to updates "QuickTime + iTunes"

Cause after installing it on a PowerBook, I run into the exact same problems, step by step...?

Believe that there is a new Bug in town. Apple is currently working on a fix. Please be patient.

In the meantime, trash itunes 6.0.2, its preferences and receipt file "itunesxpkg"
Then install itunes 6.0.1 and now the disk utility should work fine and you can repair permissions
Still some have reported that the "Chess" application was corrupt and deleted all of the Chess app. and associated preference files. Then tried a permissions repair and it worked. Go figure...

vacmac

Back