Quicktime Pro - Export to AppleTV Option

dixonbm

Registered
Has anyone tried exporting a video from quicktime using the 'Export to AppleTV' option?

I tried exporting a PSP formated movie in MP4 format using this option. 7 hours later it is still processing on my Dual 1GHZ PowerMac G4.

If this is going to take this long I can't imagine this being a suitable tool.

I find that file conversion using Roxio's Popcorn program much faster.

If you've tested this new feature please let me know your results.

------------------------------------------
I have about 50 movies that I want to conert from a PSP format to AppleTV format but at this rate I might as well re convert all of the movies from scratch.

It's for creating 1280*720px HDTV media. Guess that _does_ take some time. But if you start off of a low-res (PSP) movie, the results won't actually be that good. You should just import the movie to iTunes as is, in my opinion. The Apple TV should play that just fine, it's MPEG-4, ne?

Thanks Fryke, you answered my question perfectly.

Just out of curiosity do you, or anyone else reading, have any experience with the speed difference regarding the encoding of movies between a Dual 1GHZ G4 and a current model MacPro? Or even say your MacBook?

I'm curious because I've contemplated upgrading for a year now, but just haven't seen the need as my computer handles most things quite well.

Back