Quicktime Question

macguy17

DDR 4 EVR
Is there a way I can download a quicktime movie to disk off the internet, so that I can watch it later without waiting for it to download?
Thanks in advance!

If you have QT pro there is a little drop down menu on the right side of the player in the browser. There is an option to save the movie in there. If you don't have pro, you can go into the html code, find the link to the movie file, open the download manager, double-click any download, enter in the link to the movie file you just found in the html code into the address menu, enter in a different name into the file name menu and hit reload.

That was a long sentence.:D

You can prevent a movie from ever being loaded in the browser's cache by using a decoy movie, the QTSRC parameter, and QTSRCDONTUSEBROWSER. So the movie is held only in ram.

What utility can look into your ram and extract and save the quicktime video to disk?

Originally posted by wdw_
If you have QT pro there is a little drop down menu on the right side of the player in the browser. There is an option to save the movie in there. If you don't have pro, you can go into the html code, find the link to the movie file, open the download manager, double-click any download, enter in the link to the movie file you just found in the html code into the address menu, enter in a different name into the file name menu and hit reload.

That was a long sentence.:D

wdw_ is absolutely right here. You have to have QT pro in order to save the files. However, as he mentioned, you can usually find the link to the embedded movie and just download it. I'd like to add a little shameless promotion for OmniWeb here, because it's trivial to find the link. Just go to "Show Info" from the "Tools" menu, and it'll show a list of all the things on the page. Then you can just click on the part that is the movie, and just click "Save as..."

As for JJJ's question, just use Snapz Pro X to "re-record" the movie. Although it's not the most elegant solution, it certainly is the easiest (and maybe only).

How can I enter my Quicktime Pro key into Quicktime on OSX? Or OS 9.XX for that matter. I just bought a new G4 867 and am in the process of reinstalling all my software.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by jamerican
How can I enter my Quicktime Pro key into Quicktime on OSX? Or OS 9.XX for that matter. I just bought a new G4 867 and am in the process of reinstalling all my software.:rolleyes:

go to the menu "QuickTime Player"--->"Preferences"--->"Registration"

Back