QuickTime upgrade problem(s)

Pakawala

Registered
I have QT Pro ver. 7.0.4 and operate with OS X 10.4.6 and QuickTime 7.0.4 seems to operate properly. I was notified that QT7.1 is available (3 times). I verify 'disk permissions' and try to upgrade but each time my upgrade was unseccessful with message, "digital signature for package is incorrect..." I tried just downloading from Apple site but get "warning" Following disk image failed to mount - Image: QTInstallerX / Reason: Invalid checksum." I get this message with both QT 7.1 and 7.1.1. Any input as to how I can correct this problem would be deeply appreciated.

Veljo,
I've downloaded it several times just to make sure but to be honest, I'm now sure how I might be able to tell if it is 100%..??

Pakawala

If the download is 100%, it will say so. If you download is Safari, you have to confirm the download as it completes. It is impossible to mistake a 100% download for anything else.

'I'm not sure how I might be able to tell if it is 100%..?' - if you use 'Safari' to download the file via 'Apple Downloads', make sure to have open - the folder where 'Safari' is set to place the downloaded files.

As a file is being downloaded - 'QuickTimeInstallerX.dmg' (QuickTime 7.1.1) in this example, you will see the file name as 'QuickTimeInstallerX.dmg.download'. Once the file is completely downloaded, 'Safari' will rename it 'QuickTimeInstallerX.dmg'.

'... my upgrade was unseccessful with message, "digital signature for package is incorrect..." ...' - consider opening the '/Library/Receipts/' folder and moving the package 'QuickTime704.pkg' to the 'Desktop'.

Then try installing the downloaded (not obtained via 'Apple, Software Update...' menu item or the 'System Preferences' 'Software Update' utility) 'QuickTimeInstallerX.dmg' file.

Back