Re Installing Quick Time Player

afrodiziyak

Registered
Hi folks,
have in the past few weeks uprgraded from tiger to leopard.Everything has been ok but i think i might have deleted some vital part of Quicktime player when i tried to clean up.I only realised this when i decided to get Quicktime player pro which i have paid for and have the key..I have tried to download quicktime from apple support website and just about any other website for that matter but zero.zilch.
Installer takes me through the process but i get no player.
I have tried to remove all components of quicktime but to no avail.the download intalls but goes nowhere.Have tried to maybe 'jumpstart' it by double clicking quicktime time movies but there is just nothing going on.
Any suggestions,help please,i am at my tethers end!!

Model Name: PowerBook G4 15"
Model Identifier: PowerBook5,8
Processor Name: PowerPC G4 (1.5)
Processor Speed: 1.67 GHz
Number Of CPUs: 1
L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 167 MHz
Boot ROM Version: 4.9.5f3

Hi folks,
have in the past few weeks uprgraded from tiger to leopard.Everything has been ok but i think i might have deleted some vital part of Quicktime player when i tried to clean up....
OK. QuickTime is not an application. QuickTime is the MacOS X frameworks for time-based media. The QuickTime Player is merely the most famous application that is based on these frameworks. As such, it is probably the least vital part of QuickTime.

If you did not foul-up your system the first time, then you most certainly fouled it up in your subsequent rummages through the OS. Rather than going back and forth on this board trying to explain what you did, you will probably get back up and running by using your retail Leopard disc to Archive & Install Leopard. Then run Software Update to get your system back to MacOS X 10.5.8 with all the latest patches installed.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your helpful response Mr Me.
The thing is I have already tried running my retail Leopard disc but because it is 10.5.6 it wont let me reinstall because the system is updated and is running a newer and more recent 10.5.8.
I do not want to foul up my system any more then i seem to have done already ,so can you please advise on how i get around this issue...?

I thank you in anticipation

The thing is I have already tried running my retail Leopard disc but because it is 10.5.6 it wont let me reinstall because the system is updated and is running a newer and more recent 10.5.8.
I do not want to foul up my system any more then i seem to have done already ,so can you please advise on how i get around this issue...?

Your are attempting to redo a Standard installation. Of course, it doesn't work.

Archive & Install is the name of an optional installation that allows you to replace a fouled-up OS with a good one while preserving your applications and data. You must explicitly choose this option.

Back