Real Player Osx?

frank212

Registered
Maybe I missed something but where is the Real Player for OSX? I am tired of booting in OS9 to watch files in real player.

Any infos? Thank you for your help.

nope, unfortunately it doesn't look like you've missed anything ... let's hope real get their fingers out soon ... :)

i for one dont even miss it. who needs real player anyway?

we have quicktime and windows media player.... between the two of them, that is all the streaming goodness i need.

i doubt that if it comes out, i will even bother installing it.

real networks is just a puppet for the music industry anyway.

I believe RealNetworks said they would release something that runs natively in OS X (most likely RealOne) in the fourth quarter of 2002. That's pretty late. Stupid RealNetworks.

Unfortunately, though, you can't play .rm files in anything other than RealPlayer... though they pledged their support for MPEG4, so maybe we'll be able to play .rm files in QT soon. :)

I don't understand what is taking them. I mean Microsoft can even get their player on os x! I have a few sites (nhl.com, edge102.com) that I like that use realplayer as a plugin for streaming media. I can't even play it with the classic app as far as I know. That really pisses me off.

Maybe they're making a version of RealPlayer that won't suck... that's why they're taking so long.

Although, given their track record, they'll probably take a while and STILL make a horrible program :p

I honestly can't stand RealPlayer, but a lot of sites use it :(

I agree. If it weren't for sites that have Real Media-only files, I wouldn't use it. I think their software sucks. Besides lacking support for file types it should, I think the Windows Media Player is quite nice.

Back