Real Player X! where is it?

Alex x

Custom User
Does any one know about the development of real player for osx? has apple fallen out with real over QT 6?

All everybody knows is that Real says they are actively developing the baby. All everybody *thinks* is that Real Player X is vapor ware. And that Real Player sucks, anyway. The Mac OS 9 version was so bad that I'm not really *interested* in seeing a port over to X. Carbonizing a direct port from Windows must be hard, I think.

If it were a priority, it would be here for OS X.

Real had more interest in developing the UNIX version of Real than getting a Carbonized verison out for OS X. This says volumes about Reals attitude towards the Mac.

Screw 'em.

another one for screw 'em.... if there is a particular site that uses Real that you can't live without, email 'em and tell em to use Wuicktime, or least Windows Media.

That would probably be more effective.

i used real one time to watch some dragon ball z. it was ok but i dont really need it at all on osx. i havnt even seen a real file on the internet for months.

My school publishes their lectures in realplayer format for people who couldn't attend in person.

For me, real is one of my most important apps.

Vanguard

I'd most like to be able to convert .rm files to something else. When I used RealPlayer under OS 9 I thought it was the flakiest POS app I'd used in a long time.

-the valrus

RealPlayer *always* seemed like a flaky port on *all* of the following platforms to me:

Windows (98 up to XP)
Linux
Mac OS (Classic)

I think they're just lousy programmers. Maybe it's good to slowly see their market share vanish. Yeah, I have some anime episodes as .rm-files, too. But I love DivX more.

Back