(real) Voice in Leopard

Qion

Uber Nothing
Partial control of a Mac using your voice has been intregrated into our OS's for years. Will we see it being made even more practical with Leopard?

The events that made me start thinking of this were at the WWDC Leopard preview, when Steve was debuting the new Mail program. Every time he would make something a "to-do", he would say something along the lines of "..and just say 'make this a to-do'." I don't know if this was just loose English, but it sure did seem like he was meaning to say just that.

Personally, I would like to see command by voice upgraded in Leopard just as much as I would like to see control by movements introduced (point to a file to open it, flip the bird to force quit a program :p).

Maybe the Café's the completely wrong forum for a question about Apple Rumours or General Apple Discussion? ;) ... I'm moving the thread.

Since these features always only worked in (American) English (and I think some stuff was done in Mexican Spanish in OS 7 at that time...), I don't really care much. Well, the finger-showing app-quitting is interesting. I mean: We _do_ have iSights on most new Macs, right? :)

Well, the finger-showing app-quitting is interesting. I mean: We _do_ have iSights on most new Macs, right? :)

Right. Plus, if you remember a while back, there was a patent Apple made concerning a new type of screen technology, one which encompassed many very small cameras built right into the screen itself. With a technology like that, gesture control wouldn't be too difficult to implement and use.

awesome...flipin the bird to a program that pisses you off to shut it down. next you'll have people trying to work out alongside their mac to do their work..fitness will no longer be an issue. haha...maybe not.

Well, how about the iSight detecting when you leave your desk. The computer could at least dim the screen or go to sleep instantly. :) (Of course there are times when you leave the desk and _don't_ want your computer to go to sleep, but that could be settled by preferences or modes...)

Oooh: leave the desk and instant screensaver with password lock. That would be nice. To avoid false positives, integration of internal motion sensor and camera. Could be done by combining some already existent apps.

Back