RealOne for OSX (Beta) Released! FINALLY!!!

Sogni

*gone*
I know it's not a favorite, but the new RealOne player for OSX is available in Beta...

http://www.real.com/

Link on the right top side of the screen and from a pop-up. Needs your account (email) and password to download.

Took them fregging long enough!!!

This software may be from Real, but I already like it better than Media Player and now I can finally listen to everything BBC, whether it's the news or Radio1 with it's Essential Mixes. Perhaps I should move to England (or any other part of the island) and then I wouldn't have to use the internet just to be entertained. Of course, maybe that is what the internet is for: to entertain me. That's it, everything on the internet is designed to appease me. Like it our not, this is my house. Sorry dudes.

would it be an understatement to say "it's about time" :rolleyes:

thanks for letting us know. i've got mine now.:D

MAJOR understatement! But sadly we can't use a more appropriate word on a public board. heh :p

Right off the bat I noticed it’s not as annoying as the Windows version, it does not try to take ownership of ALL media nor tries to be an all-in-one player… it’s just a standalone Real Player! Thank god! :)

sjb2016 is right, it seems a heck of a lot better than Windows Media Player (but can it play Windows Media Files?)

Ok so I’ve been avoiding Real Media content like the plague… now that I have a Real Player for OSX, where do I go to watch/hear good content? And no I’m not paying a monthly fee for a “pass”. :p

For non US residents it could be good to know that you must click on the localization link in the top left, select English and United States as most other localizations you will be automaticaly directed to does not include the Mac OS X player link.

FINALLY!

I've been booting into Classic for the last week in order to watch the Big Brother 3 streaming cameras that won't work in OS X classic mode.

NOW I DON'T HAVE TO!

I know it's just RealOne and it's for Big Brother of all things, but 9 is so hard to use after 10 - I'm so glad that won't be lasting all summer!

Thank you Real!

P.S. One problem I already noticed was that you can't click on any links that RealOne displays for you. I had trouble agreeing to their on-screen terms and conditions for the video content. Luckily I had a direct URL to what I wanted and I bypassed that screen.

And also it seems my Mac will still try to open Classic when I click on links in my browser unless I already have RealOne open.

I'm not touching that thing with a ten foot pole. With as much backgrounding nag/monitor stuff that the Windows version installs, I can't imagine what these folks could do to a UNIX system. The old version in Classic should work in the rare instances I need it.

Hi,

I cannot find it. Is this because I'm connecting to Real's site from the netherlands? (Europe).

Can someone post me a link? Or mirror it for me?

I'd love to be able to watch the local news again :)

Knowing Real's past history, I'm sure it's loaded. Remember Real Jukebox? How come there haven't been any third party freeware Realmedia codecs? I don't care about their media streams; I just want to be able to play back downloaded files.

Back