RealOne Player and Adobe CS

tk4two1

Professional Crastinator
Ever since installing Adobe CS Premium, when I try and view a RealOne file it will automatically try to open in Golive instead of RealOne player. I have tried reinstalling RealOne, I have tried right-clicking the file (that has an Adobe Golive icon by the way) and saying open with and selecting the "always open with" check box. How do I fix This? It is really pissin' me off. :mad:

What appears to have happened is that all realmedia files have been associated with Golive instead of Realplayer, which is bad form on Adobes part for this screwup.

To re-associate all realmeadia files with RealOne Player, select any file with the *.rm file extension, 'Get info' on the file, pull down the 'Open with' tab and select the RealOne player, then press the 'Change All' button underneath. This will tell the system to associate all files with the *.rm file extension to the RealOne player for the future.

Hopefully this solves your issues.

Jeff... re-read the original post... he tried that already.

Is there anywhere you can set file handling preferences like in OS 9? In OS 9, you can open your Internet control panel and change the associations of various file types with various applications.

Back