Realtime streaming video causes bluetooth error

aved

Registered
I have been trying to watch a news clip with either Windows Media Player or Realtime and get an error saying the computer lost connection with a bluetooth headset. The video plays but has no audio. I don't have a bluetooth headset but I do have a bluetooth phone. This error trips even if I have bluetooth turned off on my computer. Verified that the sound output in system preferences set to my computer speakers. My machine is a PB G4 running 10.4.5. Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks

Ok, after a long search I found the fix for Real Player which doesn't make much sense but it does work. All you have to do is launch Garage Band! I don't think I have ever launched it on this machine so it obviously does something configuation wise when launched. Real player now works when Garage Band is not running too. If anyone knows how this fix works please enlighten me. Thanks.

That's funny. That's a funny thing. There are a bunch of mentions of that fix on the web, but I've never seen an explanation for why it works. It must check and then fix some basic audio IO routings, but I have no idea what.

Back