rebol & setiathome

endian

Dis Member
the setiathome client for rhapsody works just fine under the public beta (does anyone know how to start up a cli program on login?? i tried adding it to my login items and also making a .login file in my home directory, but neither seems to have worked)

also i just downloaded an OSX version of rebol (www.rebol.com) which is a pretty simple net-oriented scripting language... haven't had a chance to try it out yet; i'm still waiting for my desktop to refresh ;)

How do you install Seti@home on MacOSX? Step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated.

I got setiathome to work using PPP, but when I try to go through my proxy server on the network, I get the message "gethostbyname: No such file or directory". I know the proxy DNS is working, since I can ping the setiathome web site. Is the gethostbyname function missing in the OS-X Beta?

Ron

Originally posted by endian
(does anyone know how to start up a cli program on login?? i tried adding it to my login items and also making a .login file in my home directory, but neither seems to have worked)

I'm working on it, but i already had a lot of trouble with a non functional startupItem, so i'm being real careful now. Await in patience. I will post it on my Homepage when it's ready and send it to Macaddict.

Back