rebooting in OS 9 in OS 10.4.3

carlqangel

Registered
Dear experts,

I was trying to import some fonts into Suitcase on my PowerBook G4 laptop which has 10.4.3 installed on it. I got an error message which said that there were conflicts between the fonts I was importing and the system fonts in OS 10.4.3. It said I had to remove the fonts from the system folder in order to get the fonts to work. So, I went into the startup disk and chose OS 9, restarted and began to remove some of the fonts from the OS X system/Library/Fonts folder, and then I went to OS 9's control panels > startup disk, chose OS 10.4.3, and then restarted.

And then, chaos. The menu bar and the icons now blink on and off, disappearing and reappearing. I can't highlight anything to open nor can I access the system preferences pane to get to the startup disk pane. I tried restarting and holding down the option key to get back into OS 9 so I could put back the system fonts in their folder, but the only icon that shows up for me to choose is OS X. Is there a way to automatically reboot in OS 9?

working on deadline!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carl

Back