Rebooting into OS 9

N/A

Registered
Hello!

If I choose the OS 9 system folder in the Startup Disk preference panel, what are my alternatives for booting back to OS X after I've done what I wanted in OS 9?

Do I have to choose the OS X system from within the special designed System Disk control panel that came with the OS X CD, or can I just press the alt key when I reboot and then from there choose to choose back into OS X?

TIA

N/A

If you only have one hard drive with an X over 9 install it won't work. I have a single hard drive with 2 partitions and the option at startup trick only works for booting into 9 from X (if I'm in 9 it only shows that partition.) Hope this helps:).

Originally posted by VGZ
If you only have one hard drive with an X over 9 install it won't work. I have a single hard drive with 2 partitions and the option at startup trick only works for booting into 9 from X (if I'm in 9 it only shows that partition.) Hope this helps:).

Aha..ok. So then I can never get back into OS X if choose to start with OS 9? That's too bad. I don't even have two partitions; I have both systems on the same partition on my one and only disk. Hmm...my little 10 GB disk has been filled up for months now, and the 75GXP models are very cheap now...maybe it's time to invest (I've only heard positive things about those models so far)!?!
BTW, thanks for the info!

N/A

You CAN use the system disk control panel that was installed to select Mac OS X and reboot into it. Sorry if I confused you.

Have fun running OS X :),

Originally posted by VGZ
You CAN use the system disk control panel that was installed to select Mac OS X and reboot into it. Sorry if I confused you.

Have fun running OS X :),

Ok, so it is possible to choose OS 9 system folder in the Startup Disk preference panel, reboot and then choose OS X system in the OS 9 special designed Startup Disk control panel?
But not possible to hold down alt upon startup to choose system if I got both system on the same partition?
Is that correct?
Thanks for the info; this means hope for me =)

N/A

Back