recieving html code in Mail

kadin

Registered
old post: (When I recieve html-rich email, Mail.app creates a MIME attachment that I cannot view. Is this something that is easily fixed within OS X, or...is it a bug?)

I've narrowed the issue down to any email that contains an attachment. In other words, I can send myself a rich-text email with no problem. However, if I add an attachment, I get a generic icon where the body of the email should be. Opening this generic icon gives me the message "This is a multi-part message in MIME format. If you see this message, then you aren't using a
MIME compliant mail reader."

The most frustrating part of this, is that when I compose the "multi-part message," I can actually view all of the parts. I can read my message, view pdfs, see the various attachments and download them to my desktop. I know that Mail.app can handle this kind of email. Why won't it translate that information correctly when receiving?

Since I've posted this question two or three times on different forums and within different topics, no one has answered me. I'm not sure if this is because there is such an obvious answer to my question, or if no one knows what to do. Possibly, I haven't communicated very well. In any case, if anyone decides to read this, please, just post a simple response. I'd like to think that this forum is beneficial.

[Edited by kadin on 12-02-2000 at 12:51 PM]

Back