Recomendation for a PDA that works with OSX?

Sogni

*gone*
My Handspring Visor died on me, the screen died that is - and Handspring wants 100$ to fix it... um I find that hard to swallow since I paid 120$ for it NEW (the base/cheap model no longer on sale). So it's no longer worth it to me...

And I lost faith in Handspring since the OS can't be upgraded (completly upgraded - they only do software patches).

So I desperatly need to replace it ASAP. And I was wonder what others recommend...

I would like something that has at least 8MBs of RAM, Palm OS (obviously), can upgrade the OS, and has some sort of removable memory (would like SmartMedia since I already have a couple of those but no biggie if not).

I'm pushing it here - but I would love for it to be color and self-charging (no replacing batteries) yet be on the cheaper side (around $300). Yeah - I know, I'm dreaming! :D

I'd LOVE the Sony Clie PEGT615CS, but it's out of my range.

What do you guys think? What do you recommend?

Originally posted by Tormente
I would like something that has at least 8MBs of RAM, Palm OS (obviously), can upgrade the OS, and has some sort of removable memory (would like SmartMedia since I already have a couple of those but no biggie if not).

I'm pushing it here - but I would love for it to be color and self-charging (no replacing batteries) yet be on the cheaper side (around $300). Yeah - I know, I'm dreaming! :D

I'd LOVE the Sony Clie PEGT615CS, but it's out of my range.

What do you guys think? What do you recommend?

http://www.palm.com/products/palmm130/

My visor just died recently as well. I ordered the palm m500 from Abes of Maine for $229. The m130 is a bulky form factor after having the visor for so long.

Handsprings products are well priced but just like you mentioned, the software patch is not one of their better ideas. Plus, they are really slow with their supported conduit to X (although it did work with the new palm desktop version.)

I like all the Palm models, of course, and the HandEra has a "collapsible" grafiti area for viewing more app space.

I have a Sony Clie PEG-T415 that works great syncing up with OS X with the USB cradle and via infrared on my TiBook.

-Rob

I agree with the suggestion above. The new M130 from Palm may be worth a look.

I have the M505 and I like the slim form factor. It also works well with Palm Desktop X and my preference Now Contact/Up to Date.

Dean

Just a warning: the screen break issue is not unique to Handspring... you'll find this with all Palm OS organisers, and probably most PDAs full stop. Replacing screens just costs a lot.

However, the m130 does look pretty good if you can't go to a Sony. I have an m100, and am pleased with it -- I don't need reams of RAM so it suits me fine.

My Palm lost all data at some point and I didn't had the time to reinstall everything (too lazy). After a few weeks without a PDA I discovered how futile they all are.

My advice: try to live without one for a while, you will see it's easier ;)

OTOH, you may actually need one, depened on it to do your job. I too was looking for a new one at some point, but they're all too BIG.

I will wait for a new palm-enabled cell phone the size of a cell-phone.
But if you can't wait try the new Clie http://www.sonystyle.com

Back