recommend compatible combo drive

lethe

Registered
OK, so a while ago i posted to ask what model was the combo drive that apple shipped with it s desktops. i found out eventually, but have been unable to find that model for sale from any online stores. i have been waiting and watching lots of retailers on prricewatch, and i found nothing.

so, someone please recommend me a Combo drive that is compatible with itunes burning, OS X disk burning, and apple dvd player. I am talking about a CD-RW/DVD-ROM drive, not the CD-RW/DVD-RW superdrive, and i need a 5.25 internal IDE drive.

neither pcconnection not pcwarehouse nor mac mall lists any of these drives in it s mac section, and i am not going to roll the dice with a drive of unsure compatibilty again from pricewatch.

the model that i am told apple ships with it s quicksilvers is Toshiba SD-R1102. that would be the best choice for me, since i could be sure it would be supported by iTunes and the disk utility and dvd player, so if you know where i can buy one, tell me, but otherwise, suggest anything but the samsung SM-308B is what i have now, and it has trouble fitting out the door of the quicksilver, and iTunes won t recognize it, and finder burning makes only coasters.

so tell me where i can find a combo drive, and i will be eternally grateful.

Nah, it couldn't be a Toshiba SD-R1102, as the SD-R1002 is what iBook comvos have. Thatdrive is for laptop use only. I know that the difference between the 2 is burning spped. I know that Toshiba DOES make 5.25" combo drives.

Back