Recommendation External Drive

Hello.
I was wondering if any of you could recommend a good external CD/DVD drive (withing a reasonable price range... nothing over $400). I am paranoid about wearing out the CD/DVD drive built into my iMac (the exact specifications are in my sig).

I apologize if this question has been asked before. If this question was to broad or vague, I apologize. Thank you for any responses or ideas you may have.

Try this Pioneer. It should be iDVD compatible, so you're covered in that area if your needs fall there.

And don't apologize. Besides, most of the questions similar to this one are for internal drives. At least most that I've seen. ;)

If I remember correctly iDVD doesn't work with external drives. I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure.
But don't worry about wearing out your internal drive, you can replace that one for a lot less money then to buy an external.

Viktor

Well, the AV-105 and 106 drives are the only drives guaranteed to run iDVD since that's what Apple uses. You can try an external drive, but there's no guarantee that iDVD will work with it, so if it's a concern, you'll need a 105 or 106 and possibly an external Firewire enclosure to drop it into.

Back