Record Audio Tapes to CDs ... ???

vjmacaddict

Registered
What would be the cheapest, easiest, and best way to record music from our audio tapes onto CDs? I would be using my G4 iBook, running OS X 10.4.11. Thanks.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/audio/9778/

Here's the cheapest solution I've found that works with Mac. Works pretty decent as well, according to reviews. Of course, it will only ever sound as good as an audio cassette. But the cost of replacing your cassette collection can be offset by converting your first 15 cassettes.

If you care to, post back here and tell us about your experience!

http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/audio/9778/

Here's the cheapest solution I've found that works with Mac. Works pretty decent as well, according to reviews. Of course, it will only ever sound as good as an audio cassette. But the cost of replacing your cassette collection can be offset by converting your first 15 cassettes.

If you care to, post back here and tell us about your experience!

When I installed Tiger (erased HD) I didn't know that Tiger doesn't have Garage Band, so now I don't have Garage Band. Seems like the only way to get it back is to erase the HD, then reinstall Panther, then reinstall Tiger .... Can't do that ....

Is there any way to get back Garage Band without having to pay for it again? I already paid for OS X 10.0, then paid for OS X Panther, then paid for OS X Tiger ... Do I have to buy OS X Leopard, just to get Garage Band? Also need iMovie, and probably several other applications ....

'cheapest, easiest, ... ' but not necessarily the ' .... best way to record music from ' ... ' audio tapes onto CDs' - iMic.

'Seems like the only way to get it back is to erase the HD, then reinstall Panther, then reinstall Tiger .... Can't do that .... ' - you should be able to. After installing 'Panther', then 'iLife 06', then perform an 'Archive and Install' with 'Tiger'. Unless I am missing something.

'cheapest, easiest, ... ' but not necessarily the ' .... best way to record music from ' ... ' audio tapes onto CDs' - iMic.

'Seems like the only way to get it back is to erase the HD, then reinstall Panther, then reinstall Tiger .... Can't do that .... ' - you should be able to. After installing 'Panther', then 'iLife 06', then perform an 'Archive and Install' with 'Tiger'. Unless I am missing something.

I spoke with the Apple Dealer today and they told me that the only way I can get Garage Band back is to erase the HD, then install OS X Panther, then I would have all of the original applications, including Garage Band and iMovie. Then I could upgrade to Tiger.

This is not an option for me ..... So, I'm stuck without Garage Band, even though I paid for it, and I have it, it won't work, because it can only be accessed by installing Panther, which can only happen when I erase the HD in order install Panther!!! Seems like a tricky scheme that Apple has devised just to suck more millions of dollars .....

I spoke with the Apple Dealer today and they told me that the only way I can get Garage Band back is to erase the HD, then install OS X Panther, then I would have all of the original applications, including Garage Band and iMovie. Then I could upgrade to Tiger.

I'm pretty sure that if you load in the "Applications" DVD that came with your Mac, you can install GarageBand from the "Install additional components" option on that disc. I'd try popping the disc in and looking for an "additional applications" or "additional components" icon.

I'm pretty sure that if you load in the "Applications" DVD that came with your Mac, you can install GarageBand from the "Install additional components" option on that disc. I'd try popping the disc in and looking for an "additional applications" or "additional components" icon.

I already looked for additional components on both the install disks, but there isn't anything like that!!

Download a copy of Pacifist. It can strip out packages from the installer. I used it for a Safari install.

Back