Record audio

Notch!

Registered
Anyone knows an app, even simple, to record audio via the audio-in of my G4 that runs under OS X?

Thank you

Sorry - hit submit too soon, got a double post, and now it won't let me delete it. Just imagine that the first one isn;t there....

tismey,
Maybe, like me, you tried to edit from the button at the top of your post rather than the button at the bottom. :D

Clay

I would recommend Snapz Pro X/9.0. It's just a simple way to record microphone tracks, but it's in no way editing software... it just records the microphone track to an audio file. (Note that I think you'll have to get the $39 version that includes movies). The plus is that it's relatively cheap (dunno how much the other ones are) and it also is a big improvement over Mac OS X's built-in screenshot utility called Grab.

Originally posted by CEMatt
tismey,
Maybe, like me, you tried to edit from the button at the top of your post rather than the button at the bottom. :D

Clay

Nope - I could edit it (so it was definitely my post), but couldn't delete it...

A couple weeks ago, my younger sister handed me an audio cassette and asked me to put it on a CD for her. Now, I'm really into my music, I have over 3,300 MP3s on my external HD, and I have played with burning CDs a little. As anyone who reads my sig, I hace a decent CD burner, a USB mic, and MacOS X.1. I went to versiontracker.com, downloaded Audiocorder (didn't bother comparing to other programs, just wanted something simple). I used a cable whose intended (and former) use was to send the audio signal from the headphone jack on an older mac to the back of the Apple 15" multiple Scan display, to connect a PORTABLE TAPE RECORDER to the input port on the microphone. I picked a destination file and hit record in Audiocorder, waited 5 secs to let the please buy me message go by, and hit play on the tape player. After doing this for each side, i had 2 long AIFF files. I went to Audion, converted them to mp3 and used Audion's great mp3 editor to separate the tracks (literally copy & paste sections of the track!). I now have a CD that may not perfectly match the original album, but it's more than good enough for private listening. All this I did from the comfort of my cube.

Sheepguy47>
I went to Macally website but it's not clear to me if the iVoice has a built in microphone...

The iVoice IS amicrophone which happens to have one input and one output. I have found it to be very useful, and have no complaints.

Back