Recovering a word doc

guapagirl

Registered
Hi in crisis here!

I'm running an imac g4 with 10.4.11 and version 11.00 of word for mac. My daughter is halfway through transcribing an interview ... got to page 45 saved it and went off. Came to restart today and suddenly she only had 7 pages!

I don't seem to have any auto saves apart from one in docs/microsoft user data which is the same.

But if I go Word/file it says there is one in the trash. But I look in the trash and nothing ...the only thing under recovered files in there is 'SoftwareUpdateCheck.pid'

I really really do not want to spend hours re-doing this so any suggestions gratefully accepted!

Download the shareware FileSalvage, which can recover files gone missing. The demo version will tell you if it can find the file. If it can, send the $90 or so and buy it and actually get the file back.

It helped me when I had a similar situation. Note however that the more you use your computer (three weeks since your posting), the less likely you can recover the file. So first try the demo version before buying it. HTH.

Back