Refurbished MacBook with free upgrades!

Galley

Registered
I ordered a refurbished 2.0GHz MacBook for my daughter from Apple. Today I set it up for her, and was surprised to see that it had an 80GB HDD and 1GB of RAM! I paid $1099.00. These upgrades would normally cost an additional $150.00. I had already purchased a 1GB stick of RAM from Best Buy for $120, which I will either return or add to my MacBook to bring it to 2GB. :D

Has anyone else been pleasantly surprised with free upgrades from refurbished Macs? :)

Well, the refurbished are usually much cheaper than their new brethren. My parents bought an iBook 14" refurbished from Apple last Christmas and with the AppleCare coverage it still came out less than a brand new iBook 14". The only difference from the refurbished and the new one was that the refurb came in an ugly brown box as opposed to the shiny new box that the new ones came in. :)

Yeah, the refurbs are an amazing value. Other than not coming in a new box, (they come in a new, brown box that says "Apple Certified Refurbished"), they feel like new. You can now get a MacBook Pro for the same price as the Black MacBook (with a Core Duo processor, not Core 2)

Back