Regarding OpenSource software

Leighla

Registered
For anyone interested. Has anyone found opensource, free graphics programs
they would recommend? I am especially interested in finding flash making app.
This has been my only rebellion at cost for Mac Graphics software. I just can't bring myself to spend $1,000 for Macromedia. Is anybody else feeling the bite?
Thanks to any enlightenment on this. By the mostly I find 3D opensource out there. I don't have much interest in it. Leighla :(

http://www.underconsideration.com/speakup/archives/002282.html

Flash MX 2004 is $499 (full) or $199 (upgrade). Still expensive, but not $1000 (why buy the Studio if you only need Flash?). There are some "simple" ones out there for Flash, but they're mostly for creating banner ads, buttons, and other small effects and most are Win only.

----

If you're looking into more 'application' type flash files, then OpenLaszlo might be worth looking into.

Leighla said:
For anyone interested. Has anyone found opensource, free graphics programs
they would recommend? I am especially interested in finding flash making app.
This has been my only rebellion at cost for Mac Graphics software. I just can't bring myself to spend $1,000 for Macromedia. Is anybody else feeling the bite?
Thanks to any enlightenment on this. By the mostly I find 3D opensource out there. I don't have much interest in it. Leighla :(
There is no reason to buy the most expensive commercial titles in every software category. Think function, not title. There are numerous excellent inexpensive commercialware, shareware, and freeware titles available for the Mac. In many cases, these titles equal or surpass more expensive bigname titles running Windows. Before asking others, do your own research at VersionTracker, MacUpdate, or the software section of Apple's Macintosh Products Guide. You may look in other places, but you have more than enough information to get you started.

Back