Regis loves apple ad

mfsri

Registered
Just watching Regis and Kelly and Regis taked about the Apple ad with Yo and mini me. Thought it was neat to hear that. Good for apple.

Yeah, I really like that ad too. It reminds me of the good ol' days of apple advertising. My personal favorite apple ad is the one where the fire fighter puts out the guy in the bunny suit.

IMHO the "Switch" ads were crap. They opened Apple up to mockery and parody. I have friends that tease me saying things like "only stoners use macs."

Plus some of the switch ads (more the spinny thing-a-ma-bobs in apples stores than the actual commercials) seems to portray Mac as inferior to PCs. Example: The one about the veterinarian says that his office "grew from a 1 PC practice to a 6 Mac practice" (I think those numbers are accurate). I mean really, that doesn't sound all that flattering. I know that it was "supposed" to sound like Apple made his business grow, but it sounds more like he needed 6 Mac to replace his 1 PC.

Honestly, whoever came up with the "switch" ads must have forgotten to use focus groups to make sure their commercials gave off the message that they wanted them too.

So, hopefully these new ads means that Apple switched (no pun intended) ad agencies and we will start getting better advertising from Apple again.

Originally posted by mfsri
Just watching Regis and Kelly and Regis taked about the Apple ad with Yo and mini me. Thought it was neat to hear that. Good for apple.

As the new Visa commercial states, it's "yao" not "yo" ^_^.

"can i write check?"
"yo"
"Yao"
"yo"
"y-a-o"
"yo"
"yo"
"can i write check?"
"yo"
"yao"
"yo"
"yo"
"yo!"
"yo!"
"can i write check?"

:p

Who's voiceover are on the Yao and mini-me ad?... He's actually been doing the voiceover on several previous Apple ads...

Doo doo doo doo... (tune of Jeopardy)

I'm gonna guess.. Jeff Goldblum, the 'Independence Day' star who used his Mac to upload the virus to the UFO mothership!
:)

If you had your choice of getting your own 17" powerbook, or your own mini-me, what would you choose?
(I'd go with the mini-me because he could probably get me a free powerbook)

Back