Reinstall Ichat Av 3 -crashes

djkonkle

Registered
15" Powerbook
1.5 GHz
Tiger (newest update)

When I setup iChat 3 on Tiger for the first time it ran through a setup wizzard which asks for first and last name and account information. I was setting up this computer for a friend and though I would be able to change this information at a later time and put in my information just to get it running.

I realized that you can create add new accounts in iChat, but you can not change the display name from what was origionally used and this was added to the address book as the computer user's main contact.

I decided to simply re-install, or delete ichat and then install ichat. I installed using the Tiger disk and it was successful and when I ran iChat for the first time the setup wizzard once again appeared.

The problem is that the wizzard stops responding and seems to lag out. I can get some of the information changed before it completely freezes up but I can not complete the wizzard which means that I can not use the program. It will be fine for about 3 seconds and then stops responding for anywhere from 15sec to 10min before allowing me to advance to the next page of the wizzard.

I've tried removing ichat and all files associated that I can find and installing again several times with no luck.

Back