Reinstalling MacBook

MooDog

Registered
I did the transfer from my 15" powerbook to to my macbook and I was not happy with any of the performance. I decided that my powerbook was bogged down with so much stuff that maybe it would be best to slowly install fresh copies of stuff on the MacBook. So, I backed everything up and tryed to do a fresh install and get started...

NOW... I am at the last part of install where it is in the finishing Installation state.. and it is Running iWeb Installation script... time remaining about 2 mins... its been 2 mins remaing for a hour. Ofcourse when i hard boot the machine it just starts over at cd 2 and then gets stuck in the same spot.

Any ideas..???

Yeah, start again and select _not_ to install any iLife applications at the time where you can customize the installation. (You can install those apps afterwards.) Then do the installation, and when you're booted into the newly installed Tiger, _then_ add the iLife applications and see what happens.

Yep, tryed that... it takes me too the insert disc 2 and begins the iapps install. Stuck there.. no matter what disc i boot with. SO... what ive done.. I started up in Target mode.. deleteing everything but my back up directory and getting ready to start up from install 1. I will not install the iapps as you sugest this time thou.

Cheers...

You could simply boot from disc 1 and start again. Shouldn't boot from the harddrive then. (Which it does when it goes to the part where it asks for disc 2...)

Back