reloading iTunes

daleslad

Registered
Hi, I want to go back and install a previous version of iTunes and would like to know the proper way to do this so I don't lose any of my music.

I just upgraded to version 7.7 and found that iTunes nor my computer will no longer recognize my nano ipod 2nd gen.

To make sure it was iTunes that was the problem I booted up my backup hard drive with my old version of iTunes on it and connected my ipod to it without a problem.

I am using Tiger 10.4.11 and the nano is a usb connection.
After reading the forums it seems like it only affects the older ipods.
Another strange thing just happened I decided I would try to copy a tune from the newer version over to my older version of iTunes that I have on my external backup drive.
As soon as I did this I got a pop up saying the tune could not be read because it was created by a newer version of iTunes.
So I rejected that idea . Later when I tried to open up the old version of iTunes on my back up drive I got a similar message which said the file iTunes Library cannot be read because it was created on a newer version of iTunes.
So now I can't even restore my backup drive to get the older iTunes back as it somehow has been compromised when I tried to copy a tune to it from the newer version.

Back