Remote Access

iota_20

Registered
Greetings !

Is Remote Access not supported anymore in OS X? How then, can I set up my computer in OS X to be accessed remotely as such in Remote Access (OS 9.x) ?

Also, I can't seem to find the Function Key settings in the System Preference Keyboard pane. Does that also mean that it is no longer supported?

Can anybody please give me a hint? Thanks in advance.

fyi: I use a 400 MHz G4, 128 MB RAM, 10 GB HD, 56 kbps Internal Modem.

Originally posted by iota_20
Greetings !

Is Remote Access not supported anymore in OS X? How then, can I set up my computer in OS X to be accessed remotely as such in Remote Access (OS 9.x) ?

Also, I can't seem to find the Function Key settings in the System Preference Keyboard pane. Does that also mean that it is no longer supported?

Can anybody please give me a hint? Thanks in advance.

fyi: I use a 400 MHz G4, 128 MB RAM, 10 GB HD, 56 kbps Internal Modem.

i'm not exactly sure what your askin' but i used remote access to get on the net in 9 and with x i just use the internet connect client. everything works fine.

I didn't bring up my question properly. Sorry for the mix up.

I don't have a problem dialing out by using internet connect client. That works just fine.

The question is how to have my computer setup, so people can access my computer (and network) by dialing into my computer.

My office computer now runs X. I want to access it from my home computer. In Mac OS 9, I could use Remote Access Server to setup my office computer. How would you accomplish that in X?

Hopefully that straightens out my question. Thanks again.

Back