Removal of paper profiles?

J Cabaniss

Registered
I wasn't too sure where to post this; if this forum isn't the right place, point me in the right direction.

I run under Mac OS X (10.2.6) and use the Epson 1280 printer for digital photo printing. When I bought the printer, I installed the driver from the CD that came with the printer. With that installation I got installed all the Epson paper profiles.

Some time back, Epson released an updated driver, which I installed. After installing, I now had two paper profiles for each Epson paper. (The dual paper profiles can be seen when ColorSync is launched and the RGB default profile pop up is selected. They can also be seen when using the ColorSync Utility. When paper is offered for selection when printing, only one of each paper is listed, not two.)

Recently, when I decided to track down and remove the duplicate profiles. I thought the installer program for the driver ought to have an un-install option, so I launched it in hopes of un-installing those duplicate profiles. Well, I kept going down the installation menu path looking for that un-install option. No such luck. I proceeded all the way down the installation menu path such that I ended up installing the whole thing again.

Now I have three profiles for each Epson paper.

Okay, how do I remove all but one of those pesky paper profiles? I can't see any way. Do you have any suggestions?

Oh, BTW, Epson's help hasn't responded.

Joe

Back