Removing "red eye" from digital photos

Ceroc Addict

Registered
I've found recently that iPhoto is doing a very poor job at removing the red eye effect from my photos. I used to be pretty happy with the result, but now it seems like the area is just getting covered over with a splotchy grey.

Is there any way of getting iPhoto to do a better job?

Is there any software that does a better job than iPhoto at removing red eye?

Kap

Ceroc Addict said:
I've found recently that iPhoto is doing a very poor job at removing the red eye effect from my photos. I used to be pretty happy with the result, but now it seems like the area is just getting covered over with a splotchy grey.

Is there any way of getting iPhoto to do a better job?

Is there any software that does a better job than iPhoto at removing red eye?

Kap

Why don't you give GraphicConverter a try? You might be happier with the results.

Regards,
Marc

If you don't mind coughing up about AU$1500, then buy Photoshop. Undoubtedly the best photo-editing/manipulation software ever.

If not, there is Photoshop Elements which is a lot cheaper, maybe a couple of hundred bucks, and it does pretty much the same thing, but has less features.

There's some great photo-editing advice in this article on TidBITS, a Macintosh news and information newsletter:

Editing Photographs for the Perfectionist

And theres further discussion of photo-editing techniques on this thread in TidBITS-Talk, a discussion list for TidBITS:

Digital photo editing advice

Unfortunately, most of this info centers on using something like Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, or Graphic Converter. iPhoto's editing capabilites are rather limited by comparison (as you are finding out).

Back