Removing Trusted Wireless Access Points?

jeb1138

Carioca
There are 2 wireless networks that I connect to regularly, and a third that lets me join but doesn't let me connect to the internet. Unfortunately, for some reason, the third is the one my PowerBook often joins by default.

Does anyone know how I might be able to go back and tell OS X that I *don't* want to automatically join that bad wireless network anymore? The first time I connect to a wireless network there's always a screen that says "do you want to automatically join this network in the future?" and I must have said "yes" once and now I can't figure out how to go back and undo that.

Any help and/or ideas will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

If you open up your network in system prefereneces select Airport under Show:

Now select the airport tab on the left next to TCP/IP

You should now see By default, join change from automatic to A SPECIFIC NETWORK.

That would work except for the fact that I have 2 different networks that I connect to frequently and one isn't necessarily preferred over the other. What I would really like is a way to remove the undesired network from the list that is hiding somehwere on my computer. I know it is there somewhere....where is it??? :) Thx for the suggestion though. :)

Back