repair disk permissions password??

lombarke

Registered
when I repair disk permissions, it goes through and finishes up and at the end it requests the admin username/password to make changes to DiskMaintenance or something like that. So I tried entering the admin info I always use when installing something (my password is blank because there's not exactly a security issue here), but it kept telling me I had the wrong username/password. I tried 3 times, it told me to try again later, but then DiskUtility said "Repair Permissions Complete" and everything went along fine and dandy. I was just wondering if anybody had this happen, and if there is some sort of other username/password I should be using, or if I should worry about it?

I did try reparing permissions again, and it went through without a problem and didn't ask me for my username/password or anything!

Thanks for your help

Need some details:

Were you repairing your main hard drive, a server drive or a firewire hard drive?

Are you on a server network?

Sometimes if you access a server regularly your computer will try to access it whenever you perform a disk utility function or try to open your computer's main hard drive. Strange, I know, but it's trying to be helpful.Could this be the case?

Natobasso said:
Need some details:

Were you repairing your main hard drive, a server drive or a firewire hard drive?

Are you on a server network?

Sometimes if you access a server regularly your computer will try to access it whenever you perform a disk utility function or try to open your computer's main hard drive. Strange, I know, but it's trying to be helpful.Could this be the case?

hey, no...no server involved. just me. i was repairing on my hard drive. but like i said, it seems just fine now...doesn't ask me for a username/password...and when it DID ask me for a username/password, the "username" field wasn't filled in already or anything, like it usually is.

Back