Repeated Crashes

Madelin

Registered
Since turning my Mac on this morning it will work for about ten minutes before crashing. Applications open look as if they are working but arent. EG in adium i can type messages, although they will just timeout and not send.

I left the system alone for ten minutes and it came back to life, although ten minutes later it crashed again and didnt come back meaning i had to hold the power button to restart. Its happened 6 times already today.

Im not doing anything specific on my Mac at the time of the crashes its just random.

Ive repaired permissions twice and verifyed the disk. No errors.

Help?

Check the logs in Console and post what you find in here. I'm starting to think that you're probably having a hardware problem.

You can also try running the Apple Hardware Test Utility to see if there are any hardware problems. Even if it doesn't say there's a problem, there still might be but run it anyways in case there might be. Just insert the installation disc, reboot, and when you hear the startup chime hold down the "D" key. Then select to run the Apple Hardware Test.

Thankyou for the reply.

Checked console and before every crash (within 3 lines of crashes) i found the following.

04/04/2008 15:31:03 pploader[151] Failed to load names for table P2P,ed803aab-2ad2-478f-8ab0-fa95ca639e42: 27.

This is from PeerGuardian. Could this be the cause? I started up with my OSX disk and fixed permissions and repaired the disk. Crashes seems to have gone now. But are they likely to come back you think? Its very strange ive not had problems before until earlier. 6 crashes in the same sort of fashion cant be coincidental.

Ill run a hardware test now just to make sure its nothing relating to that.

Uninstall that application and let it run for a few hours. See if things clear up.

Make sure you remove the application and all associated files (.plist files and such).

Yeah ill use AppZapper to clear it. Ill check google aswell to see if others have had similar problems. Thanks for the help. If it happens again ill post.

Back