Resize Partition on boot Camp

DarkSorrow

Registered
I need some free space back to my OSX, so i planning limit my FAT32 partition to 10GB, but it have XP on it, so i want to resize without reinstalling XP, is it possible?

The problem arises in that you are changing the partitions for OS X and XP. If you did that, you'd need special partition software for both platforms. It'd be much easier to simply backup and restore your XP partition.

I would get Leopard, as Boot Camp will no longer work on Tiger macs, then restore XP onto the new, smaller partition.

Im planning on getting Leopard after i get my paycheck which will be Nov 1st (or maybe later because i live in the area where California Fire is......)

If 4.11 is released before i get Leopard (pray it wont sold out in Frys but Apple should know their supply and demands like iphone), i wont be able to update it because im worried it will get Boot Camp disabled until i buy Boot Camp. so for now, im avoiding Software Update until i get Leopard

Bootcamp isn't disabled, you just can't use the utility. What you have setup now will continue to work.

Back