[Resolved] Mail and FreePops Weird Behavior

:)

Okay . . . always wanted to do that. . . .

My specs are in my signature. Prior to and after the upgrade to 10.6.1, I have been happily using my Mail program configured with MacFreePops--fully updated--to gather my Hotmail as well as GMail. For those who have such accounts, hotmail decided in its typical user-unfriendly fashion, to stop allowing access. There was a Mail hackie most used prior to this change--MacFreePops has worked just fine.

Properly configured, you get your mail. You can send mail. Everyone is happy.

Yesterday, out of the blue, I would get an incoming e-mail but the subject would not appear. The body of the text would not appear. I tried forwarding--no text.

I tried repairing permissions, checking configurations, making sure everything is updated. No change.

"Frell this!" I thought and booted up on my clone--Mail on my clone worked fine--even showed the "invisible" e-mails perfectly. So I "Smart Updated" my IntHD from said clone . . . voila!

Everything was fine. Then, out of the blue just now, the same problem happened. I re-booted again on my clone . . . Mail works fine . . . gathered the "invisible" e-mail.

I have a feeling I am "missing something"--I should not have to keep doing this, obviously. Anyone have any ideas?

--J.D.

Long story short, the problem kept creating itself--even on my clone. I searched, e-mailed, research, then finally found a link from of all places HERE--which merely demonstrates I have no [CENSORED--Ed.] idea how to search this site!

http://www.neowin.net/news/main/09/03/13/free-windows-live-hotmail-pop3-access-has-gone-worldwide

From an answer to a question!

All you have to do is simply create the account. In fact, you do not have to do a damn thing! Just enter the hotmail and password, it will even figure out those details.

I did this a few times on my clone so even if the [CENSORED--Ed.] fails again, a few quick keystrokes and you recreate the account without a problem.

Walks Home in Shame.

--J.D.

Back