Restoring applications?

Decado

Kallikanzaroi
Hello!
when i got my powerbook (12'), i got it with some extra applications (like iLife and some minor third party apps). but something went wrong with it when i updated everything (it crashed and the the dock was gone and then i thought it was best to reinstall). And after reinstalling none of the "extra" apps are there :(
Is there anyway to restore them? i got two dvd-discs with the computer but on the first one there is just an "install macosx"-application and on the second one is just a couple of read-me's that say that i should put in the first dvd.

suggestions?

p.s during the install i never got to use the second dvd

with kind regards
jonathan

Go back into the install and toggle custom rather than easy. You should be able to pick and choose which apps you want. That should work. You could also use Pacificist and select the apps to install.

stupid stupid me!
there was this application called "install applications and classic-support". somehow i just read classic-support and thought the applications were classic-applications.

Thanks anyway for the help!

...to get into which you'll need to use the Terminal

Open the Terminal and type open (followed by a space) and then drag the DVD image from the Finder to the Terminal window. After that type (no space this time) [.images]. The completed line should look something like this:
open /Volumes/Software\ Restore/.images

Heehe, isn't it funny? :D
I like to use Apple's built-in tools, if possible, but if TinkerTool does it better for you, then go ahead! :)

Back