Result: US Beats Portugal

No bad luck about it. They simply outplayed their opponent. Come on, isn't it time to give the US some credit for having a decent team.

U-S-A
U-S-A

Look out S. Korea!

Come on, isn't it time to give the US some credit for having a decent team.

The US are getting better through the years and have certainly improved much since 4 years ago (I was living in Washington DC then), but Portugal have real quality players and are a class side. Yes, the US played well, but it is still an upset however you look at it.

It should be an interesting game against S. Korea. S. Korea completely outplayed Poland (who the US should beat based off the way that they played today) and will be a very tough opponent. I would tip S Korea because they have played so well for several games consistently and are at home. Remember that most of the Koreans have been training together for months because their local league was suspended (in January?).

Lets hope that England can actually start playing football soon unlike that long ball game they seemed to be stuck with last game. It is frustrating when we have reasonable players who seem not to be able to play together.

R.

I completely agree with you that this was an upset. I guess I just meant that the US won because they played well, not because of a fluke... I am am looking forward to the S. Korea game (my wife is Korean), and I agree that it will be a tough game. I think the US has a chance to win their group, although it will require 2 more very strong performances...

I am with you on England by the way. I am waiting for them to show us just what I know they can do together.

from England tomorrow;)

As for the USA, they raised their game and Portugal didn't take them seriously enough... good for you USA.

Back