Retro Mac Plus Winner

ScottW

Founder
Staff member
It's Friday, December 20th, and we have a winner for our Mac Plus Give-a-way contest!

And the winner is (drum roll)...

wdw_ !!!!

The winner was chosen using two seperate random number generators, each generating a page number, and post number. That put the target on our lucky winner.

Congrats wdw_, we will be in touch with you.

If you enjoyed these type of contests, we just might have more of them.

Scott

congrats wdw_!!! you're getting a mac that's probably older than you are. How's that feel? :D

oh, and maybe we'll officially change your name to "wdw_!!!" :p

Congrats "wdw_!!!"!!!

(Hey, I always wanted to ask, why do you have an underscore after your name?)

YES!!!!!!!!!

OMG!. Thank you!!!Thank you!!!Thank you!!!Thank you!!!Thank you!!!Thank you!!!Thank you!!!Thank you!!!Thank you!!!Thank you!!!Thank you!!!Thank you!!!

Ed: Well, Ed. It's feels weird. The Mac Plus is 10 months older than me, so I'm gonna call it Big Brother.:p

Snowball: when I got my first email address at yahoo.com I wanted it to be wdw, but that name was taken. after trying a combonation of numbers at the end I deceded to try an underscore and it worked. So, wdw_ has been my main user name ever since.

BTW. any idea how long it will take to get here? I don't really care as long as I eventually get it, I'm just curious.

Woo~

Pretty cool that a MacOSX.com veteran won it. :) Too bad the Plusses don't have built in hard drives... :p

Plus have a SCSI connector... ready for the fastest 20 MB external HD !

20 MB... that's 20 x the RAM and 24 x the disk capacity ! But if you really want to have a fast Plus, you can boost the RAM... in this process you will open the Plus (a very exciting experience, with a surprise inside the body of the Mac).

So, have fun with your new toy, and network it with your newest Mac if you can find the AppleTalk-to-Ethernet connector.

And discover the original MacPaint, MacDraw and MacWrite. Try HyperCard.

Hmmm seems like the people who post more often seem to have the advantage :\ I've been coming to this board for about a year now. I'm a quiet type of guy so I don't post as much which would make it harder for me to have won this.

Oh well I can't complain gratz wdw_ ;)

Originally posted by Da_iMac_Daddy
Hmmm seems like the people who post more often seem to have the advantage :\ I've been coming to this board for about a year now. I'm a quiet type of guy so I don't post as much which would make it harder for me to have won this.

Oh well I can't complain gratz wdw_ ;)

No, the winner was selected by a random number generator :)

Congrats wdw! I had a feeling you'd win it, pretty cool that you did :)

Humbug. :p

lol, it's funny though: the plus probably runs faster than my ibook here! :D
Congrats wdw_!!! Ya young'n!

young'n? I feel too old. just yesterday I said to my little brother, "when I was your age we didn't have these fancy DVD players and when I wanted to watch two channels at the same time I had to push two TV's together.":p

Anyway. Thanks everybody.:)

Originally posted by Cheryl
wdw. you aren't old enough to say 'I remember when....' :D

*has started lying about his age and blaming it on my recent birthday passing. :p*
As long as no one makes me think or reminds me of my age, I'm still a kid! heh :D
*sigh*

no cheryl, you've got it backwards - wdw is still young enough to remember and have people believe that he can remember :p

Originally posted by wdw_
when I wanted to watch two channels at the same time I had to push two TV's together.":p

Anyway. Thanks everybody.:)

LOL - where have I heard that.. AHH, Back to the Future II

:)

That was one of my Christmas gifts.. the Trilogy ^_~

Congrats WDW_
:-D

Back