Rhapsody for the Mac!

theCaptain

Member that enjoys Meece
I know there has been much discussion about Rhapsody DR 2 for Wintel machines but I want to know about Rhapsody for Macs. I have an old Powermac 6230 that I would love to load it on and play around with it. If anyone can find the Apple page with the system Requirements for the last developer release of Rhapsody I would greatly appreciate it. Also If anyone has a copy of a Rhapsody version for Mac I would love to talk to them about burning a copy for a little cash or possibly sending it to me [I have consistent 1.5 mps DSL line]. Anyone with comments about Rhapsody for the Mac, I would love to hear from. Thank you everyone for your time!

I was once given the address for requirements but I have since forgoten :( ... the person to talk to is RacerX. He is THE expert (in my mind) on all things Rhapsody :) (He might be on vacation these weeks since I have not seen him online)

Admiral

I'm getting married next month, so I've been working out all the details (nothing like waiting to the last minute), and I've gotten three new clients over the last couple months and have been working none stop ever since (all Classic OS systems though, they aren't ready for OS X yet).

Systems requirement:

Rhapsody Developer Release:

(Supported) 8500, 8600, 9500, and 9600, (Unsupported) 7500 w/ 604 or 604e daughter card.

32MB of RAM (48 recommended), internal video or Apple supplied IMS or ATI video (that is, the cards that shipped with the 9500/9600 series), and 750 MB hard disk.

Rhapsody Developer Release 2:

(Supported) Beige G3 series, 7600, 8500, 8600, 9500, and 9600, (Unsupported) 7500 w/ 604 or 604e daughter card, PowerBook 2400, PowerBook 3400, and PowerBook G3 (only the original based on the 3400 design). (Note: the Classic/Blue Box environment which uses MacOS 8.1 does NOT run on the PowerBook, you have to reboot into the MacOS to use MacOS apps)

32MB of RAM (48 recommended), internal video or Apple supplied IMS or ATI video (that is, the cards that shipped with the 9500/9600 series), and 500 MB of open hard disk space.

Also RDR2 for PPC runs most of the Apps that Mac OS X Server 1.0 can run, so there is a better selection (including a Quake II port :D )

Back