RIAA hitting us where it hurts!

Never the less, that's the first move towards actually solving their problem that they have taken. On the other hand they fail to see that they could use those services to distribute trials. Some people will download only, but honest people will buy a CD if it has a few god songs...

The RIAA should allow a sample of songs to be heard for download. I just read over on Slashdot earlier this week that the FBI seized 23 computers in Toledo, OH for people tampering with their cable modems to get ultra-high bandwidth for downloading MP3, movies, etc... But, if you're on a tight budget, why not go to your local library, get a library card, and check-out / borrow CD's to listen to? During my highschool years, I would go to the library and get CD's to listen to, make tapes of them and return the CD's. Making MP3 from them is still the same concept, and illegal, because, you are after all, STEALING! At least getting the CD from the library is safer, you minimize the risk of downloading a virus infected MP3, plus, the Feds aren't going to track your library record unless you check out books on making bombs, nuclear devices, etc...

What I typically do is download an MP3, listen to it, it I like it I purchase the CD, if I don't like it, it gets trashed. Most MP3 I download (128kbps) are not of the quality that I make (320kbps).

I just have a very large library of CDs. My iTunes connection is currently at 6 GBs. :D

xoot, i currently have over 60GB. (not all is stored on my computer right now, i have around 40+ mp3 cds in my arcihve book) ;)

~that is way too much, I have only like 600 megs~

Also, couldn't the gnutella people just block that IP address if they have sufficient proof that they are distributing fakes? just wondering...

I was thinking about music and napster like clients and FTPs while cooking my dinner.

Think about this:
I have an aquaintance abroad which had (or might even still have) servers, where people go and upload "day-zeroes" which are albums that are released THAT day! (or are ready but are not released yet), and the catch 22 is that those files are UPLOADED (not taken, as is the case with P2P), AND this is done as teh day starts. Now -- I ask you, HOW can someone upload these so called day-zeroes ? They cant since the stores dont open till 8 AM, these files I remind yo uare uploaded MIDNIGHT to morning! So it must be an inside job! Someone in the record companies must be doing this.

as for the flooding, I searched for a greek song on audiogalaxy once (popular song) and when I got it, I heard this distored voice saying something like "so you want songx by artistx you jackass...hahahahahahahahahahaha...jaaaaackaaaaasss" lol :p

Admiral

LOL!

"So you want xooter by xoot, eh? Well, prepare to be xooted! Bzzzzzzzzzzzz ahahahaaha!" :D

Originally posted by AdmiralAK
Now -- I ask you, HOW can someone upload these so called day-zeroes ? They cant since the stores dont open till 8 AM, these files I remind yo uare uploaded MIDNIGHT to morning! So it must be an inside job! Someone in the record companies must be doing this.
it could be the stores, i know people who have got PS2s and Dreamcasts before the release, so it would be even easy for someone working there to get a CD out before it goes on sale (I assume they get the CDs delivered at least a day before they go on sale).

Yay! Album pirating sucks! I think this is the first clever thing the industry has done that we, as consumers, really can't complain about. "Copy protected CDs" are evil. But this is fine with me.

(Sampling albums is okay. ;) We all do it. Just go make sure you actually BUY that Vanessa Carlton album :D )

Back