right click not working

Jeffo

Registered
Ok here it is. I have finally after a ton of headache and dedication, I have finally been able to isntall X on my non-supported 8500 with a processor card. it is working great with a few exceptions that i have been able to work through, except this one. I have four computers that you can see below. my iMac and my 8500 are both using a Kensington Orbit trackball. The iMac has a USB orbit and my 8500 is using a ADB keyboard and orbit hooked together going into the one ADB port on the back of the computer. the left click and the ball work great but the right button only acts as a single left click. this is not how it works on my imac. Could it be that it is a problem with being a ADB connection or maybe the firmware in the orbit not being compliant with X? I know that i can just try the USB orbit on the 8500 and it should work, but honestly, i am just starting on this problem. i have been working on the others first. Oh, if this helps, control click still works fine.

jeffo

I would suspect that it's the fault of ADB. Perhaps the mouse data protocol used over ADB only supports reporting of a single button type, or maybe it just reports it in a way that OS X doesn't recognize as a genuine second button. See if you can get Kensington Mouse Works to treat the button as Control-Click. That's probably your best bet.

I was using the Mouseworks software when they had first released it and it had a pretty serious lag in it so i stopped using it. will try more things when i get home tonight. thanks for the input.

jeffo

Well i just put a USB orbit on the machine and it is working with the right click without the mouseworks software. bummer. the less items i have hooked up to usb the better.

jeffo

Back