Ringtones

You mean you can't use your own ringtone? WTH? I mean, I've never downloaded a ringtone in my life and wouldn't, but I was quite looking forward to having the Submarine alert sound as mine. I suppose it comes with loads of Apple approved ergonomic ringtones? I find it a bit odd that you can't point it at a .wav or .mp3.....

I find it a bit odd that you can't point it at a .wav or .mp3.....
You can (MP3, M4A) if you use the hack. Currently that's the only way, but it is expected to be a feature later on. When they were demoing the iPhone pre-release, certain versions of iTunes featured a ringtones tab. Its believed that the music conglomerates are causing the holdups due to licensing issues. You can definitely forget about not paying for ringtones though without using a hack of some kind...you don't own the rights for such use unless you pay for it supposedly.

That beats the whole purpose of customizing your phone.. look at every other handset maker, sony ericcson, nokia, rim, lg, motorola, samsung, etc.. etc.. ALL allow custom ringtones via mp3/wav/aac/m4a and they dont have problems with legal issues..

/red tape/
I really can't see the difference in playing a song in public through the speaker as opposed to playing it through the same speaker when somebody calls. /red tape/

nice,a good news!
if you can track a ringtone maker which can convert lots of ringtone for our iphone,it must a big news!<_>

Does this application work?

I've created my own ringtone from CD music I purchased. It is in my "ringtone" folder for itunes - but I can't get it to sync to my phone!

Does this application convert music I purchase and does it sync to my phone?

I would buy it if it actually works.

Thanks, Meg

Found the problem. I need to DRAG the ringtone into itunes and now it sees it. I thought it could see it in the directory, but it didn't.

Back