Rio Nitrus

RyanA

Registered
I've recently just switched to Mac, and I'm in the middle of trying to make all of my existing peripherals work on my PowerBook. I can't seem to get the computer to even recognize my MP3 player. I've plugged in the USB and I get absolutely nothing.

Does anyone have any experience with connecting a Rio Nitrus to a Mac? Is it possible?

as far as i can tell, this mp3 player is not mac compatible, it is windows only, and requires rio's sw to put songs on it. sorry dude, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

That's what I figured... I was hoping there was some kind of hack for it, but I still have the PC, so no big deal.

Even still, it should be able to pick it up as a removable hard drive. I plugged in my Motorola phone which has a micro SD card and when I plug it into the Mac it picks it up like a hard drive. Is it possible that the USB port might not have enough voltage to mount the MP3 player? I've read some topics on the subject of the PowerBook's USB ports having this issue. Search the threads and see what you come up with.

I don't think that's the case, actually. I've had no problems with thumbdrives and such, but I've never been able to do the removable hard drive thing with that player on the PC either. It's totally tied to Rio's crappy, crappy software.

there is some hardware that is set up in a way that makes it so that computers will not, and in fact, can not, see it without the correct sw. my kodak digi cam has a 1gig sd card, but it will not mount on the desktop, the only way to get the photos is with a program. and lucky for me, iphoto sees it so i don't have to install kodak's crummy sw to get the photos. :D

I have three Rio players the Carbon and the CE. They show up on the desktop fine and I can load music fine but my new Karma will not...go figure.

Back