Rip. Burn. Respect.

Dime5150

Registered
That is gateway's new motto on their commercials advertising users downloading mp3's and burning cd's etc.

They offer some downloads off of a mp3 download service. I guess that means no gateway user will ever engage in illegal downloads. Thanks gateway. You truly are the savior!

Maybe they're trying to be cool and going for the Ali G meaning of respect. I doubt it. I suppose its just covering their ass but doesn't make for great advertising. I noticed a little 'don't steal music' sticker on my iPod when I got it, at least Apple are conscientious but subtle :).

There will have to be a big cultural change by both record companies and consumers but the whole big mp3 thing has given the industry a much needed shakeup. The problem is, there will have to be some sort of compromise at some point or music sales, and investment in new music, will suffer. I rip and download lots of music but I still buy CDs too although not everyone does nowadays, there has to be some sort of middle ground.

Anyway, we can see how Apple's new music thing goes.

I really do not like Gateway anyways. They charge you for everything. When you bought a PC at Gateway then you can not even open it and have fun with it or the warrenty ends directly. That is the most fun (maybe the onliest) when you have a PC and you open it, change the hardware a little bit, clean it and all that stuff.

Back