Robin Williams' Plan for the USA

g/re/p

I can haz cigar?

Leave it to Robin Williams to come up with the perfect plan.

What we need now is for our UN Ambassador to stand up
and repeat this message:

Robin William's plan... (It's hard to argue with this logic!)

I see a lot of people yelling for peace but I have not heard of a plan for peace.**So, here's one plan.

1.) The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their affairs, past & present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Tojo, Noriega,Milosevic and the rest of those 'good ole boys.
We will never "interfere" again.

2.) We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with Germany, South Korea and the Philippines.
They don't want us there. We would station troops at our borders. No one sneaking through holes in the fence.

3.) All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and leave - We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of who or where they are.

France would welcome them.

4.) All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days unless given a special permit. No one from a terrorist nation would be allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it yourself and don't hide here. Asylum would never be available to anyone. We don't need anymore cab drivers or 7-11
cashiers.

5.) No foreign "students" over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they don't attend classes, they get a "D" and it's back home baby.

6.) The US will make a strong effort to become self-sufficient energy wise. This will include developing nonpolluting sources of energy but will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou will have to cope for a while.

7.) Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for their oil. If they don't like it, we go some place else. They can go somewhere else to sell their production.
(About a week of the wells filling up the storage sites would be enough.)

8.) If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will not "interfere." They can pray to Allah or whomever, for seeds,rain, cement or whatever they need.** Besides most of what we give them is stolen or given to the army. The people who need it most get very little, if anything.

9.) Ship the UN Headquarters to an isolated island some place.We don't need the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, the building would make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.

10.) All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one can call us "Ugly Americans" any longer.
The Language we speak is ENGLISH.....learn it...or LEAVE...Now, isn't that a winner of a plan.

"The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying 'Give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses.'**She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, 'You want a piece of me?'"

Hard to argue with it, but I wouldn't call it logic. It's hard to argue with because it's hard to find a place to apply logic.

You can't argue with a rant - that's the point of a rant.

Is it that Robin Williams from the movies such as Insomnia...? If so, is there anything else to add? ;)

Nah, if it was the same Robin Williams from the movies and so on, it would read more like...

"Point one ... ohhhh, one is the loneliessst number ... allrighty! The US will apologise for interfering in the worlds affairs. Oh my god, how'd the US find out I'm having an affair?! Its those damn spy sattelites, I'll bet. I can see the CIA briefing room now. 'OK, Karadufaji is still getting more suppporters for his people's revolution, Al Qaeda are trying to setup a school and hospital in southern Afghanistan, no doubt to try and cover up how evil they are, and Robin Williams was sighted last week making passes at a russian female cosmonaut while drinking tequila and wearing his trousers on his head...How-doss-you-doooin Dar-link? Point two is coming! Be ready! You ever drunk too much tequila? You're just begging to be spotted by a spy sattelite. There'd be some guy at Langley pointing at his screen and saying Hey, check out THIS guy! Point two is nigh! Oh, the humanity! .... "

g/re/p said:
The Language we speak is ENGLISH.....learn it...or LEAVE

Christ, the country would be deserted!!!

Is that for real, I mean, I never liked Mr Williams much anyway, but I didn't realise he was a narrow minded bigoted elitist racist!

lnoelstorr said:
Christ, the country would be deserted!!!

Is that for real, I mean, I never liked Mr Williams much anyway, but I didn't realise he was a narrow minded bigoted elitist racist!

Are you for real? There is nothing in robin williams "plan" that indicates bigotry, racism, or an elitest attitude - and as for being narrow-minded, i think you more than fit that category with your attitude towards the subject - you do not live in the US and therefore cannot fully understand what williams is talking about.

You seem not to have picked up on the fact that robin williams is a comedian and his "plan" is most probably a comedic rant.

"The Language we speak is ENGLISH.....learn it...or LEAVE"
Isn't that racist? Maybe the understanding for the word "racism" differs between european countries and the US. As a german, and we are known to have a lot of racism, this line is definitely racist!

g/re/p said:
1.) The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their affairs, past & present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Tojo, Noriega,Milosevic and the rest of those 'good ole boys.
We will never "interfere" again.

So many counter examples, for now I'll just say Vietnam and leave it at that.

g/re/p said:
Are you for real? There is nothing in robin williams "plan" that indicates bigotry, racism, or an elitest attitude - and as for being narrow-minded

Well, the whole thing is clearly narrow minded, so that one's easy to cover off (yes, it may be for 'comedy' value, but if so it is using a narrow minded view to provide the comedy).

There's the standard American elitest (and narrow-minded) 'we saved your butts so many times', 'the world would be screwed without our help' type views.

The whole thing also has a vile and racist and anti-immigration stance. Many racist comments aimed at immigrants, for example "We don't need anymore cab drivers or 7-11 cashiers" - implying that is all they have to offer. There are also comments I'd consider racist towards the French (although, it is actually complimentary to say that France would welcome immigrants), Germans and non-Engllish speakers, amongst other things.

Bigoted - umm, well yes, can you really not see that??! Maybe this will help:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=bigot

Oh, and clearly add 'Isolationist', to that list of negatives. And yes, dear American Republicans, being isolationist is a bad thing, a very bad thing.

Although, I guess if you did go ahead with that plan, then it would lead to peace, as it would give all the terrorists a nice easy target to bomb without the fear of killing any innocents (I assume all liberals would leave the country - I guess children would still be innocent, but it would save them being indoctrinated by their parents and losing their innocence).

I may have missed the comedy I guess; you're right, he could just be making fun of people who think that way, it is pretty hillarious to think that anyone could really have view like that.

Zammy-Sam said:
Isn't that racist? Maybe the understanding for the word "racism" differs between european countries and the US. As a german, and we are known to have a lot of racism, this line is definitely racist!

Not racist. Racism deals with color. Language doesn't necessarily imply color. Think former East Germans who only knew Russian and no English.

ora said:
So many counter examples, for now I'll just say Vietnam and leave it at that.

Also, it's not "interference", when your help is asked for, or when popular international opinion is on your side.

Do you (g/re/p) really believe there is no difference between the world wars, or Bosnia, or even the first Gulf War, and the Iraq war? Do you really think that because America has helped countries in the past the international community should go along, or at least turn a blind eye, to whatever else it does?

Yes, but being racism in that definition is not referring to the definition of race in this context listed by the definition of race - "A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race. "

It is the genetic version.

Basically, I don't believe it is racist to think that in a country where the national language is English to want the people who live there to all speak English.
I live in Germany, and I learned German. Yes many of the people here speak English, but if I am going to live and work in this country I better be able to get around.
If you want to study at the universities in the US and are from a non-english speaking country, you have to take the Toefl to prove you can understand and speak English.
I think this same level of standards can and should be applied for those seeking permanent residence in the US, and that is not being racist. That statement is not being directed at any one particular group of people.

diablojota said:
I think this same level of standards can and should be applied for those seeking permanent residence in the US, and that is not being racist. That statement is not being directed at any one particular group of people.

No it's being applied to all groups of people who don't speak English, most of these I suspect would not be American (assuming by English you mean American-English, as otherwise it would include ALL Americans too ;))

Something doesn't have to be aimed at any one particular group to be racist, and in some ways, the more people it discriminates against then the more racist it becomes.

Also, language and race are closely tied, almost as closely in some respects as race and colour are. Colour is just a more obvious difference.

Anyway, my argument was that racism isn't just about colour, not whether or not it was racist to throw people out of your country because they speak a different language.

It is debateable whether throwing people out of your country because they don't speak your language is racist, but I personally stand firmly on the side of the fence that says it is.

Zammy-Sam said:

absolutely NOT! you can know 50 different languages and i think that is great but you better know the national language of the country that you live in. I don't care what country either. if you live in germany, you must know german. If you live in france, you must know french.

Jeffo said:
absolutely NOT! you can know 50 different languages and i think that is great but you better know the national language of the country that you live in. I don't care what country either. if you live in germany, you must know german. If you live in france, you must know french.

Why?

Sorry, I just don't understand why you had "better know the national language" of the country you live in. The person you're most disadvantaging if you don't is yourself, why "must" you know the language?

I think you should learn the language, it would be a massive benefit to yourself to learn the language, but I think there is no reason at all why you "must", and certainly not that you get thrown out the country if you don't learn it.

What about people with learning difficulties? should they be thrown out if they can't learn the language.

What if you move to India, do you have to learn all 15 official languages?

Did you also know that the United States has no official language, and that the Spanish language is co-official in several states? Must you learn Spanish if you want to live in New Mexico?

Back