Robin Williams' Plan for the USA

fryke said:
[...] If you're against the freedom of choice of the individual, and you're for bringing 'freedom to Iraq', your understanding of freedom is severely flawed. I'd say you're elitary in a very, very wrong way.

I agree.

This "freedom" is similar to the "democracy" of the former Eastern Germany. Just a word whose signification has been modified for political reasons.

Till up to 3 months after fertilization the "Baby" is called embryo and this is the limit for abortions. A missed cycle is mostly a good sign for an unexpected pregnancy and after the second month, women tend to check at doc and then consider an abortion. At this time the embryo has 3cm in length, no gender, no brain activity and 10g of weight. It is not yet understood as a living autonomous creature as less as a sperm or ovum is. If killing an embryo is - by your understanding - murdering, than everytime you mastrubated you murdered as well. Sorry for taking back this example, but I think there is a huge difference in killing an embryo than a breathing, smiling, feeling, moving and farting child.
I love children and I am very much looking forward to have one. But I think ppl should be more responsible when they claim that abortions should be forbidden. Not only because of my previously mentioned arguments on hurting the womans right but also in another case: in the moment when parents don't want the child, their parental competence is already critical. How responsible are we then if we still insist on the child to grow up in that family and possible end up as a social case? That's what I really call careless..

EDIT: Doesn't your country allow embryo-experiments? I am not sure about it, but if that is true, that would be quite strange. On the one hand claiming abortions are homicides but then doing research on human embryos...

isnt the bible against masturbation :)
"9. And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother.
10. And the thing which he did displeased the LORD: wherefore he slew him also."
(Genesis, chapter 38, paragraph 9-10)

MDLarson said:
The only issue I care about is whether or not abortion is MURDER. I believe it is, therefore the only area I am willing to give ground on is in rape cases or cases were the mother's life is in danger. ALL other pregnancies (including poor financial circumstances) should be carried to full term.

If you truly believe that abortion is murder, you should object just as strongly to abortion in cases of rape.

Decado said:
isnt the bible against masturbation :)
"9. And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother.
10. And the thing which he did displeased the LORD: wherefore he slew him also."
(Genesis, chapter 38, paragraph 9-10)

yes, you are correct - but god stopped slaying people for sinning after he sent jesus here to die for our sins. :)

Back