Router ip help, please please please.

laurie

Registered
I need to forward ports to my router, I dont quite understand what this means as I dont physically have one. In apple, about this mac, more, network, I find the router address, I have been told to simply enter this into a web browser and then go from there. However my browser does dot recognise the address. Im on a virgin BB connection with a speedtouch 330 adsl modem.
I would be very grateful for any assistance you could give.

laurie said:
I need to forward ports to my router, I dont quite understand what this means as I dont physically have one. In apple, about this mac, more, network, I find the router address, I have been told to simply enter this into a web browser and then go from there. However my browser does dot recognise the address. Im on a virgin BB connection with a speedtouch 330 adsl modem.
I would be very grateful for any assistance you could give.

Do you know if you connect with a PPPoE connection? (username & password)?

If so, go under your Network properties and put in all of the information supplied by your ISP. Should match up pretty well.

If not using PPPoE, then just set your network settings to use DHCP. That should do it.

cb

If you don't have a router, then more than likely your computer is open to the world (meaning you don't have to open any ports on a router). Do you have OS X's Firewall turned on? If so, create a new rule allowing traffic on the ports you need.

Back